- 12ｍｘ12m square wrestling mat. No line boundaries. In case of obvious risk of falling out of the mat area, the referee stops the bout and the bout is restarted in a safe area in the same position.
WINNER STAYS ON SYSTEM
- Winner fights to the next fighter from the opposing team.
- Draw means both fighters are out.
- If the last fighter loses, the team loses.
- Total weight of the team (five fighters) must be:Regular Weight Class: under 430kg one day prior to the event.
Light Weight Class: under 360kg one day prior to the event.
Female Regular Weight Class: under 280kg one day prior to the event.
BOUTS ARE WON BY
- Passing out / loss of consciousness
- Disqualification (3 verbal cautions=warnings)
- Referee Stoppage
- Bout will be ruled a draw if no finish in the allotted time
- Judgment: (in case of the last bout only) the fighter with less warnings wins.
In case of the same number of warnings in the last fight, the team with the less total warnings wins. In case of the same total warnings, the judge determines the result from the last fight by using a flag.
- QUINTET Single Matches, the fighter with the least warnings wins. In case of the same total warnings, the judge determines the result by raising a flag.
- 1X8min round
- 1X4min round (Regular Weight Class: in case of 20kg+ weight difference,
Light Weight Class: in cases of 10kg+ weight difference, Female Regular Weight
Class: in cases of 7kg+ weight difference)
PROHIBITED ACT (Serious Fouls = Disqualification loss)
- Heel hooks
- Pile-driving / spiking / suplexing an opponent onto his / her head or neck
- Scissors takedown from stand position
- Jumping into closed guard
- Biting, pushing with teeth
- Grabbing hair, body hair, nose, and ears
- Attacking or pushing the groin and eyes
- Kind of intentional striking (punch, elbow, knee, head butt, kick, etc.)
ILLEGAL ISSUES (minor fouls = warning)
- Inducing stalling by closed guard
- Keeping position with no obvious intent to attack
- Defensive action only from standing position with no takedown attempt
- Intentionally forcing opponent off the mat
- Intentional escape from the mat to evade bad positioning
- Grabbing three or less fingers at one time
- Covering the mouth and nose with the palm
- Sitting without attempt to grab opponent
- In case of indetermination by referee, two sub-referees will judge
- Not following the referee’s instructions
- In case of warning given to a fighter, the fighter crawls on all fours to the middle of the mat and the opponent has 2 choices of restarting position. The bout is restarted at the signal of the referee .
- Knee on belly
- Side back position
- In case of a warning to both fighters, both start from standing position.
- Three warnings result in disqualification loss
- If the referee determines that an illegal act causes serious damage to the opponent, disqualification loss may be ruled.
- No shoes
- No groin protection (foul cups of any kind)
- No Vaseline, liniments, body grease, gels, balms, lotions, oils, or other substances that may be applied to the hair, face, or body
- No hair products whatsoever may be used
- No jewelry (rings, necklaces, piercings etc.)
ONE DAY TOURNAMENT SYSTEM
- The team winning the first round must present the order of fighters – who have not yet fought – to fight next.
©QUINTET/Kazushi Sakuraba 16,August 2020 Revision